Fort Aguada and its lighthouse is a well-preserved seventeenth-century Portuguese fort standing in Goa, India. The fort was constructed in 1612 to guard against the Dutch and the Marathas. It was a reference point for the vessels coming from Europe at that time. This old Portuguese fort stands on the beach south of Candolim, at the shore of the Mandovi River. It was initially tasked with defense of shipping and the nearby Bardez sub district.
Labels: Buildings and Structures
Powered by Blogger.